Wednesday, October 14, 2015

"Trust in him at all times" Psalm 62

 The rising sun sets my Mary statue off in a powerful way.  She is so important in my daily life... a prayer that begins when I am driving somewhere or have a chance to sit down at the feet of Jesus. 
 These two together gives me a warm feeling of happiness.  They are both taking their naps now along with their little brothers and their moms.  Nancy is now 8 weeks pregnant and tiring out, so her and Berna can share some stories and naps while here on the farm.
 Nancy gave me a big hand on cleaning out my garden this morning along with putting her wash on the line.  So special to see her doing this job with her kids!  It as a daily routine that I did with my kids and then when they got old enough to put them on and take them off... they would help me out.  Putting clothes on the line with little kids and the sight of all those little clothes drying in the wind takes me back to those happy "nest years!" 
 Hard readings today about being judgmental and prideful and not helping others but laying greater burdens on them... I know that I am not perfect in any of these ways, and I long to do better in my life.  I know that a good place to start is laying those sins at the feet of Jesus in the confessional and being remorseful for our weaknesses and wrongs and sins. 

"Jesus, I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done and in what I have failed to do, through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault;  therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and sisters to pray for me to the Lord our God."
I love to see those little clothes on the clothesline on this glorious fall day on the farm!

Once we have confessed and been forgiven - where do we go forward from there?  By filling our heart, mind and soul with Goodness and there is so much each day of our journey with Jesus and His Bride, The Church!  We make wise choices in what we read, watch, pray, say, hear, on and on.  We know that we are weak and sinful, yet that is what keeps our eyes on Jesus.  We "trust in him at all times." Psalm 62.   Knowing that no matter what we face that Jesus is in control! 
 Little girls and baby kitties are what makes the world go round.
Bigger girls and baby kitties, too!  I was talking to Ruth this morning... she had a kitten up on her shoulder purring in her ear.  So even the bigger yet girls love their baby kitties!

Jesus, there are some hard reminders that come to us this day from the readings from Romans and Luke.  Along with life-lessons shared one with the other.  May we take to heart and humbly ask for your forgiveness and take to heart ways that we can give without counting the cost.  Dying to self so that you can live in us and your Holy Spirit can direct our lives.  Help me to take up/drag my Cross and follow after you.  Jesus, I trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Sunshine, girls and baby kitties= smiles and purrs all around!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke

May I never settle to have anything between us, O Lord!

this makes me smile with great JOY!
Third Day- cry out to Jesus
Third day - Trust in Jesus

My Patrick the army boy!
First Camping Pic
New family picture of Maria's bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment