Saturday, June 16, 2012

All together in my heart, and...

...in a picture frame "fake" but real in my heart!  It is a prayerful morning here, and I always remember that Saturdays are devoted to my Spiritual Mother - So appropriate that today is the feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary! 
"Sinners, we honor your sinless perfection;
Fallen and weak, for your pity we plead;
Grant us the shield of your sovereign protection,
Measure your aid by the depth of our need.

Bend from your throne at the voice of my crying,
Bend to this earth which our footsteps have trod;
Stretch out your arms to us, living and dying,
Mary Immaculate, Mother of God." 
Morning hymn
I am gifted with a morning that I fully expected to be called upon to help my husband pick up bales... but with each passing hour without the call I am realizing that my son-in-law is doing it!  Such a gift to have the time to go crazy with my thoughts, prayers and making a picture of our family all together!  Some prayer issues this morning called me to light a candle, as I am in deep and constant lifting up prayer.  I then thought of Our Lady of Lourdes and the wonderful candle I was gifted with when we visited her shrine last July with little Sister Hallel after she had taken her first vows with the Community of the Lamb!  My little statue of Mary - I got her in the give away box at church just at the time of John's brain cancer journey... we are almost exactly at the 3 year mark! 

A picture of Our Lady in the sunrise at the time of our huge family prayer time - John's cancer! 
"How shall the young remain sinless?
By obeying your word.
I have sought you with all my heart:
let me not stray from your commands."
Psalm 119 from morning prayer! 
Lord, today is such a deeply powerful day as we are reminded of our journey 3 years ago with John... He brought us all together and now to "see" us together is so healing and special to me!  I am filled with the reality of Family and Faith!  That is real and not fake!  I am forever blessed by the prayers that I feel are surrounding me - coming from my parents as they gather each morning to do the office of the Church together, my daughter, little Sister Hallel, and her times of prayer with her Community, my children, and yes - my grandchildren as they pray with their parents before bedtime at night!  So amazing to know of all those prayers for me, as I in turn pray for them with each new day!  Our Lady is hugely a part of that prayer as I use the rosary to give me the time and place to pray for all of my family and all the intentions weighing on my heart!  Jesus, with your Mother, Mary Most Holy, at your side - we worship and adore you!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Halleluia
Bless-bless, Barb  This marks the beginning of our journey as I drove down to be with John in Sioux Falls - I picked the daiseys in the ditch by the windmills on the way to Pipestone! 
"The memorial of the Immaculate Heart of Mary is a celebration of the complex visceral relationship of Mary with her Son's work of salvation: from the Incarnation, to his Death and Resurrection, to the gift of the Holy Spirit" ( Directory on Popular Piety and Liturgy)
Three years later... we are surrounded by HIS LOVE and healing!  Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us and fill us with the Truth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment