Marc and family and friends,
After we left your room and our providential visit yesterday... we went down one floor to revisit the glorious St Mary's chapel! Pat and I had spent long hours on our knees there as John was in for his brain surgery/biopsy just about exactly 3 years ago now! John had not really spent time there, as he was so sick, and we clung to HIM as he carried us in His arms! I very much relate to this little lamb being lovingly cradled - the lost and weak lamb! We discovered that when we are weak and overwhelmed by the terrors of LIFE... is when we turn to him and just as the poem the Footprints in the sand - He carries us! Please know of our prayers this day and know that you can give it all over to HIM. Jesus is in control in the midst of the storm!
Jesus, we place Marc in your presence - he is being lowered into the presence of our Loving and Forgiving Savior, Jesus Christ, by his friends this day. Jesus is there with his LOVE for us and healing Marc through the hands of the doctors and nurses. We are weak and we know that you are carrying us into the pastures of peace. The 23rd psalm is very much in our hearts and minds this day - we know that you are caring for our every need - "though I pass through the valley of the shadow of death - you are with me!" Jesus, we trust in you. Amen
Footprints in the Sand
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"
The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints,
is when I carried you."
Mary Stevenson
Copyright © 1984 Mary Stevenson, from original 1936 text, All rights reserved
No comments:
Post a Comment