Saturday, June 30, 2012

Hanging out with the Saints

St Luke is my patron saint, and St Joseph is Pat's.  I chose Luke as a 20 year old convert, because he writes the most about Mary in the early times of her becoming the Mother of God and when she carried HIM inside of her to visit Elizabeth, etc.  He also was a physician and I was in nursing school then, and am a nurse now.  He has been a special patron saint for me, and I called myself "Barbara Luke" in my early Catholic days.  The person responsible for my life - Margie/Raterra - Pat's sister... still can call me Barbara Luke from time to time or just LUKE!  I like it and that can transport me back to my romantic IN LOVE WITH THE CATHOLIC CHURCH DAYS!  I have never recovered, but the years of reading Thomas Merton and A'Kempis up at our hobby "farm"in Wisconsin were very wonderful for me!  My nun years as I call them.  St Joseph is very special to me too... I pray to him everyday for the wonderful father and family man that I have been given in Patrick Gerard Joseph Verly!  The sign next to him to protect our troops and bring them home safely...now with my son-in-law gone... I cling to St Joseph and join without ceasing for that request!  Jesus, I trust in you.  Bless-bless

No comments:

Post a Comment