John being annointed just before his biopsy...
It was Father's Day 2009 - I woke up and went up to talk to my 20 year old son, John. I had tossed and turned much of the night over his increasing double vision and constantly wanting to sleep. We had been to eye doctors and gotten contacts and glasses in that past week. My question to him - "Do you seem to be getting better or is it getting worse by the day?" "Worse by the day." I knew that I had to take him in for a CT scan and know if there is something going on in his brain. Father's Day or not - we have to go into the ER in Marshall and try to get some answers. Or at least fears to set to rest. The answer came crushing and shocking to us - there is something in the center of his brain that shouldn't be there... our fears were real! So Father's Day now marks the beginning of the journey of Faith that John asked for - now he is healed and I am deeply touched by how much of a Lamb he was as he faced the battle of his life. John was a silent uncomplaining trusting humble Lamb 4 years ago. Not only did Jesus answer his prayers for Faith, but he embraced his Cross - cancer/healing- and found a new life as the new John!
Bless-bless, Barb


No comments:
Post a Comment