Fun with photos last evening, baby kitties, and a glorious display of beauty in the white puffy clouds!
Saying evening prayer before bed last night - there was so much that went with me into my dreams... The Truth. "The notion that one gains freedom by rebelling against God has been a popular illusion since Eden. The paradox of the Gospel is that we are set free from the chains of our making by choosing to yoke ourselves to Christ, who bursts our bonds by his own death and Resurrection." see www.magnificat.com
I can't get over how True this statement is! We are so misled to think that if we turn our back on the wisdom of the Church and Christ - that we find freedom in leaving behind the values the Church holds out to us as we like this one but not that one. I will take artificial birth control for example. There is a very real reason that the Church tells us that this keeps God out of the bedroom... Each time husband and wife come together it should be open to LIFE. LIFE is what gives us Family and openness to family by using only natural means to prevent when we need to... It allows God to work in our lives. Ruth and Paul will welcome a baby that was planned by God in about 4 months, and there is something very powerful about that. We are called to prayer for Ruth and the baby and that also gives us a very powerful experience of faith and a love for this new life from as soon as we know that it is growing in mom!
It was super fun at the ocean wave of breakfast that just washed over me - with Ruth and the kids joined us - two daughters, John, Pat popped in right at the craziest time, and 6 grandkids! But I was so thrilled to see little 7 month old Bernadette eating her mom's chin out of LOVE. My thing about seeing this in my daughters with their little ones modeling for me the many icons that I love of Jesus eating the chin of Mary - He loves her so much!
An image I found to show an example of Jesus with his arm around his mother's neck and pulling her face to him to eat/kiss her out of his love for her. There are many and I always smile with great pleasure to know that this has been shown me over and over with my daughters and their kids! So special to "see" the LOVE they have for this woman, who said "yes" to life selflessly giving of herself!
I am getting ready to send a package to Hallel in France, so in the midst of the tidal wave of breakfast we had watercolors going on at the end of the table. Rose even got into it.
Mary shared with me a most amazing spiritual experience she had the other night driving home at sunset. "I saw Heaven in the sunset clouds. I saw the gates of Heaven in the clouds and a Cross in the clouds. I was wearing that Cross necklace that you gave me grandma and on it is written I Cor 1:18 - we looked it up and it said that those that don't believe the Cross is foolishness, but those that do find salvation. I saw that vision because of the Cross."
Here is her masterpiece that is to go to little Sister Hallel in France in the next few days! She went straight home that night, and went straight to her office, and put it all on paper to share with the world her exciting vision in the clouds!
"For the message about Christ's death on the cross is nonsence to those who are being lost; but for us who are being saved it is God's power." I Corinthians 1:18
Lord, life is a gift that we cherish at all costs! May we "see" You with eyes of faith wherever we look this day. May we embrace our Most Cherished Cross and follow after YOU to find LIFE eternal and someday enter the gates of Heaven and LIVE always singing your praises with the Angels and Saints. Jesus, we trust in YOU. Amen and Halleluia
Yes, Mary still loves her mommy so much!
Bless-bless, Barb
"go into your inner room, close the door, and pray to your Father..." Matthew 6:16-18
Lord, how I long to enter that inner room - away from the craziness of all the distractions around me!
Francesca Battistelli - Lead me to the Cross
Ruth home from work with Rose!
No comments:
Post a Comment