Sunday, June 16, 2013

Forgiveness = LOVE = John's 4th anniversary of beginning his journey = cancer/healing!

That amazing Gospel today of the woman who washes Jesus' feet with her tears and dries them with her hair - how humble is that?  This past couple weeks with my parents has been a lesson of that to me.  I see elderly people all the time as I work in a nursing home, and the thing about aging is that our lives in many ways are taken out of our hands.  To see my mother so debilitated was very hard and scary.  Then to run up against her attitude of denial and not wanting to pursue what was needed - that was understandable, and made me wonder if I would have been the same way.  I looked at John in a whole new light from the complaints I was hearing from my mother at the different hardships and discomforts.  I did not hear those complaints from John over those months.  He was so young - 20 years old - and in shock to hear that he had cancer in his brain!  Today is the anniversary of his going into the ER here in Marshall - Father's Day 2009!  John was much more lamblike, and continues to this day to be very humble in his ability to bring laughter into our home, while he lives with us looking for work!  I am so grateful that both John and my mother have found the healing that they needed to go forth and to look at the world from a more healthy and humble perspective.  WE love much for we have been forgiven much.   We thank and praise you, Jesus, for saying these words to us - "Your sins are forgiven...Your faith has saved you; go in peace."  There is so much peace that floods us, O Lord, when we give up our selfishness and turn to you as a weak and lowly lamb.  Jesus, we trust in YOU.  Amen and Halleluia
Bless-bless, Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment