Realizing that I finally had the ingredients to make my pumpkin pies... out of the pumpkin I had baked a few days ago, and knowing that the kids would be here with me while their dad went out to "rip" the corn ground... I was very excited to think that once again I could have some little ones running their cars and tractors through the flour as I made my crusts! Having a son after 4 girls.. John delighted me by running to get his matchbox cars to make roads through the flour as I made my pies... Not quite the photo nut I am today.... only a rare picture to remember these special times with my son...
With my girls... I suppose they watched me make pies so often... I don't remember them begging to roll out the crust like 4 year old Mary did tonight, or maybe I just was too busy and not as easy to lenient with them... but she did a good job, and even smiled over her shoulder for me! Wow! A grandma's dream!
Who wants a little tractor with wheels that roll... when you can roll a big rolling pin? Davey was very interested in the entire process! He was a little chef... showing grandpa which crust to fill next...
Did I forget to mention grandpa?... He came home from looking for a part in town just in time to run the blender! He loves to help with mixers and blenders, so it was fun to have him around after all these weeks of being gone crazy busy with harvest! He showed Davey that to be interested and helpful in the kitchen is a good thing, and someday his wife will appreciate it too!
Davey... you made your grandma a happy lady, and now with your help we have 4 pumpkin pies instead of a big pumpkin that had decided to get soft on us out in front of the house! That feels good and tastes good too!
Bless-bless, Barb"With all our heart,
our whole soul,
our whole mind,
with our whole strength and fortitude,
with our whole understanding,
with all our powers,
with every effort,
every affection,
every feeling,
every desire and wish
let us all love the Lord God." St Francis Asisi (1226)






No comments:
Post a Comment