I took these silouettes of John last year as he sat in Rochester receiving his chemo for his rare brain cancer...
I am off the the nursing home today, in my half sleep this morning I was reminded of a book that I was reading during this time last year... St Fautina's diary!
http://our.homewithgod.com/divinemercy/ There are many sites to choose from, and I appologize for the funky music with this one... Of course, I would recommend to you to read the book. Her close relationship to her spouce and to his presence in her daily Eucharist! The ongoing conversation that she had with Him and his direction in her life to pray for those souls that needed his mercy... all of us!
"For the sake of the sorrowful passion - have mercy on us and on the whole world."
Much mercy was needed and given over the last year! WE are blessed and continue to be,and continue to need it!
John's sisters showed their love for him and concern by being at his side when they could and continue to be there for him in prayer and concern as he rises up from his near death experience and looks to see where the Lord is leading him... armed with the knowledge that without all the prayers that surrounded him... he might not be here!
"Jesus we trust in you." This is part of the ST Faustina - Divine Mercy - revelation. Jesus pleaded with her to tell the world that His merciful heart was burning with love for all and wanted to be merciful and a save all souls! We are asked to remember that we can trust Him to be there and to help us and to remain with us through thick and thin!
In late October last year... there were three times that John forgot something in one day and we rushed back for a scan...the cancer had grown back through a new kind of chemo we were trying! I rushed to the computer in my fright and wrote an entry of total despair and plea for our "prayer warriors" to hold me up! There were so many kind responces... foremost and life changing was from our Bishop - "It could be helpful at this point to repeat; 'Jesus I trust in you.'"
It was such a wonderful reminder of what we had known from the beginning... the Lord is in control...trust and put it all in His hands!
We made it to France! That was an early miracle and if we needed to know that God was in control - that certainly left no doubt!
Yes, Lord,we are shown time and time again that you are the one we look to and trust our lives and deaths with! How can we find any doubt of your total love for us and that our lives will be better and complete with you directing and LOVING us! Be with the men here today as they start the corn harvest with the help of John. Jesus we trust in you! Amen and Halleluia!
Bless-bless, Barb






No comments:
Post a Comment