Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Susie and the ribbon!

I came across these wonderful pictures of Susan in Dec of 2007!  She was living in the Discernment House at ST Thomas and was graduating in Catholic Studies and Philophy!  I arrived in time to sit down as mass was beginning and looked ahead to see her sitting with the other 3 girls from the house and in her hair was a ribbon!  I just about jumped up in excitement and knew it was there just for me! 

The story was that some bread arrived at the Discernment house that morning with this ribbon around it and Susan being silly put it in her hair and "forgot" it was there!  I know that she put it in there just for me!  I have so many pictures to remind one and all that I had ribbons in all my girls hair from when there was just one to two to three and then four girls!

A gift like no other... and such an unexpected surprise!  Such a little gift that gave me so much joy! 

It was such a deep thing for me to see my sweet big Susan with a bow in her hair!  Such a special thing for her mom!  Thank you Sue!

This is what she had grown up with every Sunday and honestly most every day... I would have my girls hair fixed with some kind of adornment!  A lot of them complain and have not carried it forward, but if you know me... I have all of these things for your hair after 4 girls and I loved those years... so I continue on with the tradition!  I have no pride! 

Here is my granddaughter after watching her for the day... I had to fix her hair with some kind of a topknot...

Susan with her bow and her dad!

From behind... I was so delighted by this gift to mom!

It came out for the graduation ceremony,but I had it to gaze upon and love the idea that she would gift me in this way... saying to me in a nonverbal way that she loved me and the home that she grew up in!  She had it on for mass and I loved it!  Thank you Sue and Lord!

Bless-bless, Barb


It is going to be a crazy week of work... night, 2days and 2 nights!  I won't forget you all, but will be writing at strange times... when I can.  I will certainly be still praying and have that 3rd sorrowful mystery every day for all those that are in need of prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment