Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Our faith journies...

One minus 60 today!  Things have been going a bit nuts around here, so at the wise request of my dear father yesterday... I will try to use temperance with my sharing on all levels today!  Yes, I was blessed with some amazing time with both of those responsible for my birth and life here in this world yesterday - my parents!  It was the best gift ever!
I also got to spend the day with my son, John... we have a longing to see each other after some time apart... after we shared Everything last year!  Things that we never thought possible to share we did!  Talking with a dear friend/daughter this morning... she was saying that no one could put themselves in our shoes last year with John's sudden rare brain cancer at the age of 20!  I was quick to say that it was something that we do not want to entertain in even our wildest thoughts! 
Our faith journey took a sharp unexepected turn but so powerful last year and still carries over to now... there are things that John has found more difficult now back at school... One thing that we have no doubt about is that the Lord has been in control and continues to be in control and has an amazing plan for the new John!  It is hard for John to feel the excitement at the change, but I can say that I am filled with much anticipation to know how it will all come to fruition! 
I had the joy of going out shortly after the beautiful clear sunrise!  What is it about the day of our birth that holds so much power and specialness for us?  It is like we have a deep feeling about the gift we have been given and the profound meaning of looking at the world through our eyes  alone... Do you ever find yourself wondering... Why is it me in the center of this world? Why am I the one person around which the whole world happens?  It is mind bogelling to know that every other person in the world is having the exact same experience in their creation as a child of God and looking out at the world from their person... It is hard to explain these deep and very personal thoughts about life! 

Pat is busy with bean harvest and it is going wonderfully well, but it means that I will be teaching alone tonight...  That is always a bit scarey for me, and something that I am really excited about is working out for tonight!  We are to teach about faith tonight and it is the month of October - so of course my rosary girl comes to mind!  I invited her to come to my classs with her class and share her conversion story along with her love of the rosary/rosary ministry!  And then I offered to share my conversion story.  We both know that faith is personal choice and that the Lord's hand on our lives is a powerful witness to others... our faith journies are amazing to us and we love to share them! 
I was just reading in my book preparing for tonight and came across something pretty cool that I would like to share... It is speaking about how if we have faith that it means "believing everything that God reveals; it doesn't mean picking and choosing the things we want to believe.. the Scriptures and Tradition teach that Jesus wants us to be part of a church, a community of believers." The Catholic Faith Handbook


As much as I love to share with you all... I am invited to attend a birthday lunch on the porch of my neighboring daughter's with two of my grandkids on this most beautiful of days!  I must fly!
I am so uplifted after rescuing  my statue from laying face down in the dirt behind the lilac bushes... her makeshift altar gave out with all the rain... what a delight to have her right out my patio door now!  How I loved washing her with Hail Marys in my head and heart!
 
The flowers were there coming up through the ravages of all the rain... yet given life by that same rain!  My heart is so full of all my blessings today!  This special day is all I could have ever asked for in the midst of this busy time in our lives on the farm... harvest!
I am off to revel in the love that surrounds me! 
Thank you Lord, for the lives that we each are so profoundly blessed with!  Words cannot describe the honor we are filled with as we strive to carry forth your love to the world!
All the amazing love that has been showered upon me over these last few days... gives me a taste of the joys of heaven.  When we are surrounded by all those that love us!  Family can truly be a small slice of heaven here on earth!  How I lift up all families today and ask that this joy can be a part of those domestic churches!
Jesus, I trust in you! 
Bless-bless, Barb

Hug someone today - the hug you get back is from me!  You never can get too many hugs!  Love and prayers always, the Birthday Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment