Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sleeping in the playroom on familiar beds

There was a huge memory connected with it as the beds were the same ones that I used for the month and a half of John's full brain radiation in Rochester!  We would spend the night there with Maria in her home, that she and her family shared with Nancy and 3 law students!  There was still room for John and I in a small office/room at the back of the first floor with these same two beds in it.  Many days we would leave for our hour and 1/2 trip to Mayo, have John's 15 minutes of radiation as he was screwed to a table in the mask molded to fit his head.  He had to be in the exact same place each day, so he was screwed to a table and saw multicolored lights as the radiation was focused on the area of his tumors.  Then we would head back from our haven at Maria and Nancy's home.  We would share family time of meals and visiting and I would often spend some hours at mass and Adoration at the 24 hour Adoration chapel close by at Nativity parish!  I found so much support there, and left a few tears and supplications there too!
I was at the time reading the large volumn of St Faustina's dairy - shortly before this when John's cancer had come back through the chemo and I pleaded for prayers in the midst of our terror... Bishop LeVoir wrote to us on caringbridge - that at times of total desperation we should repeat "Jesus, I trust in you."  The divine Mercy prayer that has been left us by St Faustina!  I cling to that now at all times in all places of my life! 

Yes, that is Hallel standing in Ruth and Paul's kitchen 3 years ago!  She was here for a week and drove John for radiation for a week.  I took the week off to be home with Pat, and do some work for hospice and try to live my life as normally as possible.  But it was killing me not to be with the kids as they gathered night after night up in the Cities!  Even Ruth took the kids up there to be with Hallel on one of her rare visits home.  Now to know that Hallel will be in Kansas City for 3 weeks arriving on November 12... it will be so hard not to drive there to be with her as much as possible!  They have limited us to just a 3 day weekend, and I am praying so hard for our entire family to be able to gather with her.  That is being complicated by the 2 brand new babies - most especially Nancy's that is due around the 17th!  I am praying so hard that her little girl can be here and at least a week old by the weekend, and for things to fall into place for little Patrick and his family to travel there too!  How I am praying that we can all be together!  As I told Paul, my son-in-law today... " I want a real family picture with all of us in there...not a fake one!"  It will take a major work for that to happen, but we hope and pray.  That only costs me time, and time well spent.... PRAYING for a family gathering MIRACLE!

I want all 19 of us together in a HUGE loving touching Family picture, Lord!!!! Is that too much to ask?   Time will tell and constant prayers til then!  Lord,I know you can do this little thing for me.  I love it when you spoil me with Faith, Family and Farm!  Bless-bless, Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment