Tuesday, October 16, 2012

"You kissing Patrick because you love him a lot!" little David

What joy!  We are thrilled to be spoiled by Patrick being awake the last two times that Maria and I have been there to visit!  We have been told that he is going to have his breathing tube removed today or tomorrow!  Getting rid of the "white mustache" will be a delight for us!  He is tolerating mother's milk wonderfully too!  They gave mom permission to wet some sponges and give him small little cleaning of whatever she wants.  She washed his neck and elbow crease and he just seemed to loved to be cared for by his mom!   We loved our time there this afternoon.  WE still have not gotten the results from the neurologist about his EEG that was done yesterday.  But to see him waking up more is such a gift!
Thinking that his fingers taste pretty good!  I am heading to bed so that we can head in there in a few hours for the 3a touch time.  We are so grateful for these times with Patrick!  Maria called her sister, Ruth, to request prayers said at the Catholic School by her 1st grader and 2nd grader... Maria feels, and it is very true..."Jesus listens to the prayers of children!"  Ruth assured her that Mary, Simon and her preschooler, David, has taken in pictures of little Lamb, Patrick, and they are praying for him.  Also word came to us that the Poor Clares have been called, and are praying for Patrick.  Masses are being said though out the land!  Lord, Patrick was given his Cross to carry 20 minutes before he was born - one week ago tonight.  Patrick is showing us how to be a Lamb and go without complaint to the Hill of Calvary carrying our Cross embracing the  death of our selves.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb



1 comment:


  1. I wrote on this yesterday and then it disappeared! Really sad because it was perfect I thought…. Well maybe today I write something even better….
    First I want to say this; Joe and Maria, as Joe's uncle I can't be more proud of you both!!!!! Maria, I'm so happy you are Joe's wife and the mother of his children! What others know about you, I'm only now learning by watching you through this time with Patrick Joseph…..
    And Joe, I'm so proud of your intense Love and dedication to your children and
    wife! You both deserve to be commended on doing a awesome job, not just now but through the last couple years also!
    What I share now is for your newest son! (and the whole family too if u like)
    God loves you Patrick Joseph sooooo much!!! You are his AWESOME new Son!!! I am your great uncle Mark. I want to say what you might already know that God made you very special!!! Just the way you are God Loves You! He has a special purpose and design just for you!!!!
    Here is some bible verses…. Greater is he that is within you, then he that is in the world!!! ~~~~and~~~~ I (Patrick Joseph) can do all things through Christ! And the last one is: “For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall!” psalms 19:29 Love, prayers, and hugs!! Great uncle mark…10-17-12

    ReplyDelete