Family and friends of William... I read with great sadness this morning of the passing of another young man, Willam Olson. See his site - http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/prayforwilliam . We are aware of your jouney of battling brain cancer through others who have fought the battle including our 23 year old son, John. Just about 3 years ago on Father's day we were told that he had a tumor in his brain causing his double vision, and we had a year long battle to fight! Also being a hospice nurse - it was hard to read of the struggles of these last days and weeks. One thing is that the difficulties and suffering allow us to find some comfort in the fact that they do not suffer any longer. They have walked into the sunset surrounded by prayers and love to find eternal Peace. There were some experiences in pastures this last week that I wanted to share with you in the hope that they may be of comfort at this most difficult time. A few days ago I had the joy of going into the pasture with my 3 grandchildren to see the cows and calves that had just been put out on the fresh grass for the first time this spring. As we got close to the creek - we saw that they were peacefully eating grass close to their calves as they lay in the lush grass on a picture perfect day - such a heavenly vision to behold! "1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, 3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. "Psalm 23
Then in the back pasture last week - helping my husband fix the fence for the cows to come out there... I looked down to see this cross... formed by the place we cross the creek with the 4 wheeler. I had the opportunity to walk in the creek for a while - the living waters that gives vital water for the animals and grass to grow... Also contemplating the LIFE we have received through HIS Cross - the Tree of LIFE! There are not really words to give you comfort at this point - know of many prayers.
I have been praying for William on the decade of the rosary that I pray for my son each day.
Jesus, hold William and his family close to your heart burning with love for them. May they find comfort in knowing that You are the Good Shepherd, and are leading William into your pasture of PEACE. Jesus, we trust in you. Amen
Bless-bless, Barb Verly and family
Death is part of life - we each will walk into the sunset of our lives - may it be a time of peace and joy! Jesus, we trust in you.


No comments:
Post a Comment