Sunday, May 13, 2012

"I took his hand and followed..."

I love these pictures of the last day in April... I watched the 3 grandkids while Ruth worked a couple hours as a wound care nurse.  The next day she had little Rose Ida at 9:20a... a glorious day of JOY!  The cows and calves had just been put our on the green lush pasture, and we went out to see them on a picture perfect day!  So often I love my "adventures" with the grandkids and there are fond memories of doing the same with my kids.  Today I was surprised to see there was an entry from a friend on caringbridge - http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/michaeljensen1
We met Brenda at the wake service - a celebration of the Life of Lisa Bratsch.   John, Pat and I attended and were very emotional and humbled to meet Brenda, who had lost her 21 year old son a year before that to brain cancer.  She looked with such joy and longing at John - standing there healthy and back at college and filled with hope that he had conquered the enemy - cancer!  I was surprised to see how happy they could be for us and for John, and I see now that it was the fact that the enemy didn't kill all of them... some escaped with their lives and although there is a new normal - there lies ahead life and bright futures!  Today Michael's mom shared a wonderful poem in honor of her only son, who is with the "King!"  It is so special and so true!
I Took His Hand and Followed


"My dishes went unwashed today, I didn't make the bed. I took his hand and followed where his eager footsteps led.

Oh yes, we went adventuring, my little child and I...exploring all the great outdoors beneath the summer sky.

We waded in a crystal stream, we wandered through a wood. My kitchen wasn't swept today, but life was gay and good.

We found a cool, sun-dappled glade and now my small child knows how Mother Bunny hides her nest, where Jack-in-the-Pulpit grows.

We watched a robin feed her young, we climbed a sunlit hill. Saw cloud-sheep scamper through the sky, we plucked a daffodil.

That my house was neglected, that I didn't brush the stairs, in twenty years, no one on earth will know, or even care.

But that I've helped my little child to noble adulthood grow, in twenty years, the whole wide world may look and see and know."

Ruth stopped in yesterday - they had just had the adventure of having supper in the back of the van out in the field!  Paul had Simon out there helping him pick rocks, so mom and the other 3, including little 11 day old,Rose Ida, had a family meal while sitting on the back of the van on the edge of a field on a beautiful May day!   I had these somewhat matching outfits with a sister picture in mind,so Ruth dressed Rose and I got Mary ready and we went out to snap a few... I also had the back of my van full of roses - I sell them at Church on Mother's Day weekend for Birthright's work to protect the unborn and to help them have LIFE! 

So I thought - Why not use them in a few pictures with the girls?   It was so special for me, and as Ruth said - that was my mother's day present from her, and there could be no better!  As the poem says... I always find time for my pictures at the neglect of all else!  Rose is a reminder of what really matters in life, and Brenda's sharing reminds us also that the time we have here on this earth with our loved ones is uncertain, and we should cherish every moment... forgive any faults and live life filled with love and forgiveness in our domestic Church/family!   So thinking about my own mom - I love you, and thank you for all that you gave me - especially the knowledge and LOVE of Jesus, and my LIFE!  She shared lately that she would ride the train into work in Boston every morning, and smell the roasting of coffee there in the port..."It made me sick in part due to the morning sickness of being pregnant with you."  Thanks mom,for the suffering you did to bring me here!  As Fr Paul said last night - "We all have mothers!" 
Thanks Mom for LIFE!

So special in every way!  Life is a gift!

Call from Mother Maria yesterday - she is having a boy in September and he is Patrick Joseph!  And he is beautiful and healthy in every way!  Thank you,Jesus!  We rejoice to be mothers and to bring LIGHTS into the world!  Happy Mother's Day!   Jesus,we trust in you!  Amen and Halleluia!

Bless-bless, Barb
"I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and your joy might be complete.  This is my commandment: love one another as I love you.  No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends..." John 15: 9-17  The amazing Gospel for today and a reminder that our mom's did this for us... they thought of us ahead of themselves and brought us into this world - the fruit of their LOVE! 

mom and 5 of her girls about 35 years ago!  I love you mom!

Me and Nancy in 1982

My first baby -Ruth Ida!

Ruth Ida with her Rose Ida on May 1, 2012!  LIFE is truly a Gift!

What JOY to have John with me selling flowers last night and today!  My cup overflows... the gift that is the absolute BEST... John 2 years without cancer and going forth into his LIFE! 

Happy Mother's Day to one and all! 





No comments:

Post a Comment