Then just before I woke up I had my second dream in the last month about Susan/Hallel and that she was home for a visit! Whenever I am around John - he is graduated from college and home now to work here in town- he and Hallel are so closely connected in so many ways, that when I am close to him I feel closer to Hallel! They have a very close bond of love and affection and caring, and both of their journies just seems to weave in and out of each other. Anyways, these dreams leave me feeling like I have been given the gift of spending time with her here in the middle of the loving arms of her family. I see her wearing regular clothes, like she is going out to help her dad or something... It is like I am subconsciouly asking myself if she is the same Susan or not, and when I said this to Pat...He announced loudly; "I have news for you...she is the same Susan!" Yes, we do see that she is the same silly girl just now wearing a blue habit, and her depth of faith and understanding and carrying forth the Word to share with the world around her is ever more! That is a beautiful blessing when we are graced with some of that whether in a conversation on the phone, or a short and deep letter, or a real life hug and time togther - this is my prayer these days - "for a real hug soon!'
The old Belgian rectory, converted into the home of the Community of the Lamb in Kansas City, Kansas is due to be torn down to make room for the Little Monastery - Christi Lumina - Light of Christ - in the heart of Our country! I will miss my little room there, but am so excited to see them put down roots in the heart of our country!
In our 8 hours of travel yestday, of course, Hallel came up in our many conversations. She had surprised her sister with a phone call from France the day after she had given birth to Rose Ida! She told Ruth that she would be going to Paris for a week sharing her conversion story, and begging for their food. Both Ruth, Pat and I wonder what her conversion story would be like. Our girls have shared that without huge trials in their lives - they have no conversion stories to speak of. John has shared that in his eyes Hallel/Susan is a living saint, and that he watched her in high school smiling at all and loving all no matter what! He truly put Susan on a pedestal and looked up to her as a role model of living out your faith! Pat and I thought that she could now share her journey with John's brain cancer and his healing, as well as her time at ST Thomas and studying in Rome where she met the little Sisters and the Community of the Lamb! Pat was sharing that the European idea of American teenagers is that they are pampered and spoiled and care next to nothing for anything faithwise. "They might really listen to an young American girl, who has lived her faith and pursued it in the midst of such a worldly culture." Yes, I can see that, and I can see how the Holy Spirit has been at work in Susan's life... It would just be fascinating to hear her share her "conversion story." One thing that I know she would share is her love for the scriptures always, and how the way that the Community "chews" the Gospel starting the night before drew her to them. He used His Word to call her to Him as a Bride of Christ - a Little Sister of the Lamb! And to leave it all behind... that is what He told her to do, and it is lonely without her, yet to know her joy and way that she is called to share her LIGHT with all those around her - now the people in Paris, France- is out of this world amazing!
Susan with her sweet Simon - their birthdays are just 2 days apart, and being her first nephew she has a special love for him. Her prayers for him are part of his deep faith that is evident to all that he comes in contact with! Today in the Gospel Jesus tells us of the Holy Spirit's work in our lives - "The Advocate, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my name - he will teach you everything and remind you of all that I have told you." John 14: 21-26
Jesus, so much today reminding us of the wonderful graces we have and continue to be blessed with through our daughters' listening and discerning of your Call! The Holy Spirit brought two wonderful glorious communities of religious into our day to day lives, and to come in contact with such depth of faith is a JOY! Thank you for the ability to recognize the Spirit at work in our lives and to answer the call with a resounding "Yes!" Both Maria and I discerned this call within to this place of deep contemplation of YOU -that inner sacred space of humble love in front of your Altar in your presence - it remains there and we come to you there as often as possible in our lives as wives and mothers and the other hats that we wear. We were not called to be your Bride as Hallel was, yet we still have that set apart place within! Thank you for your LOVE for us and blessing us with the LIFE of our children, and the carrying forth of YOU into our domestic church/family! Thank you for using Hallel as a true LIGHT to the world. I know that she will be visiting her "twin" this week - Clare Marie - continue to heal her after the terrible accident she was involved in! Protect all LIFE this day, especially those in the womb of our two daughters. Thank you for our perfect litte Rosebud - Rose Ida! She is such a perfect Gift! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Halleluia, Halleluia, Halleluia, Halleluia!
"The crowds were amazed when they saw the mute speaking, the deformed made whole, the lame walking, and the blind able to see, and they glorified God of Israel"
Matthew 15:31
A living breathing prayer come true - miracle baby, Rose Ida Lanoue!




No comments:
Post a Comment