A few years ago my daughter, Maria,. told me that she would like me to make more of my paintings for different occassions with the kids growing... she told me that they could become keepsakes for her to have for her kids and for their family. She gifted me with watercolor paper and paints to get me started... as watercolor is my very favorite medium. This has launched me into the very simple joy of painting for the kids birthdays or other occassions that come up. For Mother's Day I painted one watercolor with Mary out on the deck and then I scanned it and used the same painting copied off for all the mothers in my life - including my 3 daughters, who are the best mothers ever! I love to have things to look at for my art work, and some elements of this one come from a children's book I found some years back with a clothesline and a cow frolicking in the field behind. I used a picture I took of Gus's profile and then one of him with a white faced calf this spring out in the barn, and of course the ever present and photogenic, Roger, the dog!
My Mother's day painting has my Mary of the Clothesline and the deck without the clothesline behind. These bring so much joy to me. A lot of my paintings are done with my granddaughter, Mary, and when Therese was here we did a whole book of paintings for her to take as memories of her winter on the farm. We always start with pencils to sketch our picture, and then the painting makes them really come to a finished product. I am not very good with the fine detail or the shading perspective, but I enjoy making them and feel like they give some joy to those in my family that I give them to.
Lots of fun with the shadows on the sheets on the clothesline today. I have just plain too much fun with my artwork and my pictures... it is just one big adventure for me! When I have occassions and cards to make for them.... I get really excited and mostly use my pictures with scripture, but also can mix in some watercolor painting here and there.
The sun, the birds flying and singing, the dogs laying in the sun watching my every move, the puffy white clouds making the shadows come and go and get darker and then disappear as the sun goes behind a cloud. "Hail Marys" are always my companion as I am out putting clothes on the line always ending with the socks that settle into the bottom of the basket. Many socks with the rock picking and other jobs in the creek, and the needed sock change that happens during the day.
Mid afternoon Pat tells me that it is going to rain... what happened to the picture perfect day? Watching the cool rain coming down gently now, and the sheets are clean and fresh and on our bed for a luxuriously wonderful windswept sweet sun/wind smelling night! Our Lady of the clothesline watched over them for just enough sun and wind to dry them before the coming of rain. The drought is gone - hopefully to never be seen again! Jesus, we trust in you.
Bless-bless, Barb
No comments:
Post a Comment