I carried the glow of the morning of a perfect family celebration - the Baptism of Rose Ida - with me all last evening as I worked the evening shift at the nursing home! I said to many as we were leaving their house late morning that it had been perfect in every way and all agreed whole heartedly! The service was so powerful as Ruth and Paul and the 3 other siblings gathered around the baptismal font - as some stopped by to congratulate us...they commented on how well mannered all the children were for the service - along with Ruth and her 4 in the front row were Nancy, Bill and one year old, Augustine! I said that it is very evident that they are relaxed and comfortable in Church, as they attend with their families at least every Sunday, and more often with going to Catholic School, and daily mass here and there. It is very evident that this Church is part of their "home and family." I so appreciate that Pat was very much a believer of attending as a family, even with the new babies just days old. We never took turns for the kids to be home rather than at church and learning to behave. Yes, we have all had to walk out with the little ones, and I watched Rose as she seemed to want to be awake for the entire thing... and Ruth being home with her now, she is used to being able to eat if she fusses a little bit. She would start to fuss, and they passed her around, and used a pacifier for her to suck on a bit, but otherwise she made it through without having to leave and feed her - she is only 3 weeks old today, so that is pretty young to keep quiet for an entire hour service! She made it with flying colors!
Such a blessing to worship as a family weekly... little Rose Ida will learn to be happy and at peace attending mass, and learn with each year more and more about the Truth of the True Church! She will cherish her faith, and embrace the fact that Jesus is there for her every day in the Eucharist and His Word! I find myself wanting to lift my hands in worship and beam from ear to ear as I have seen my daughter, Little Sister Hallel, do when the Gospel is presented - "Halleluia, Halleluia, Halleluia, Halleluia!" I am singing the beautiful new "Halleluia," that we are now singing with the change in the words of the mass... so wonderful! I "see" the Love that Hallel has for HIM in His Word, and the meal of heaven and earth! She has told us that we will be together in the Eucharist, and I do feel that she is with us there! The final hymn was one with Halleuia at the end of each line and I leaned over and told John; "Hallel is with us!"
We bask in your Church and the beauty of Your Sacraments. It was so wonderful to share in the sacrament that marks Rose as a child of God, and a member of His Church - instituted by Jesus handing the reigns on to St Peter, and then from Pope to Pope. The Church is there to help us get to heaven, in all that they bless us with in the Sacraments, the Word, Tradition, and all the Wise guides to live by. So many saints have put their minds, and prayers, and allowed the Holy Spirit to guide them to the Way, the Truth, and the LIFE - Christ! He loves every person on earth, and wants all of us to make it to heaven some day, and why not start right here and now on this earth - within our domestic church/family? Yes, we can and we would be so much happier to set aside our personal desires, and look to HIM and HIS Bride, the Church! I find so much JOY, and Peace, and LOVE in following all that the Church holds out to me in her wisdom, and tirelessly finding the Truth according to the Spirit. There is such a confusing world out there, and the Church is my lighthouse showing me the way through the darkness so that I will miss the rocks that are there to trip me up.
Bless-bless, Barb
"Faith is the realization of what is hoped for and evidence of things not seen. Because of it the ancients were well attested.
Since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us."
Hebrews 11: 1-2 12:1
"Hold firm and take heart. Hope in the Lord!" Psalm 27: 14
"Holy Father, Please bless us with a happy, healthy family." Paul Lanoue in Rome November 25, 2004
Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6
We are blessed!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh9P2Znc1Tw I am thinking of a song by Danielle Rose about how we are together in the Eucharist! Here it is! Enjoy! She was just entering the convent - she considered but is now out sharing HIS Truth in LA! Jesus, bless her work!
Here she is explaining this song
Danielle writes all her music in front of Jesus in the Monstrance - in Adoration! She is from Duluth! Bless-bless, Barb

No comments:
Post a Comment