Thursday, May 3, 2012

A step back and forward again... the dance of LIFE!

There is a sign on the red barn behind that says - "Welcome Rose Ida!"  She is home into the waiting arms of her family!  I had the joy of bringing over supper and helping with baths.  Mary was looking for something to do after supper, so I had a chance to step back in time to when my 4th daughter came home.  Her sister Nancy, who was about 3 1/2, wanted to make crowns for all the girls, and I snapped a picture of them just out of the bathtub in their jammies...
It looks like baby Susan is crying as her big sister holds her carefully for the princess picture and a most cherished memory of my early nest years with number 4 coming home!  What a fun surprise to see little Rose looking so much like my baby girls with the thick black hair and the little nose and round face!  She is truly like one of the Verly girls and it is so nostalgic for me!  Ruth, although tired and in pain from her incision, humored her mom and allowed Mary and I to have fun making crowns and then just as we did 25 years ago... the 2 princes and 2 princesses posed in their crowns with the welcome sign on the red barn behind them... There were just dirty dishes on the sink behind the girls in 1985... I hadn't learned the art of taking good pictures with clearing out the background or putting them in a more picture perfect spot.  Yet even seeing that is a trip down memory lane, and a delight to see some of the life that I had with my wonderful nest years! 


So the dance of life twirls round and round and back and forth.  Sometimes the dance is kind of faultering and sometimes it is slow or fast.  But it always keeping step one with the other!  Lord, we thank you and praise you for stepping back and forward and having beautiful memories shared in the dance of LIFE.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb
Novena Rose Prayer to St. Therese

"O Little Therese of the Child Jesus, please pick for me a rose from the heavenly gardens and send it to me as a message of love.

O Little Flower of Jesus, ask God today to grant the favors I now place with confidence in your hands .... (Mention specific requests - For protection of all babies in the womb).

St. Therese, help me to always believe as you did, in God's great love for me, so that I might imitate your "Little Way" each day. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment