John is home! He said to people yesterday that he is home for good! I love to hear that, and it was such a gift to have him at my side for the job of selling roses for Birthright at the masses over the weekend. I just spent time reading the sharing by mothers that have lost children and grandchildren... I feel a bit guilty, and like I need to find words to support and encourage them, but what can I say? John and I sat by a park for a while in the morning and we spoke of his cancer journey... he feels that he wants to write a book about it, and to prepare for that he needs to start speaking about his experience. He is lining up a local starting place in a town about half an hour away. There are many things he does not remember in those early critical times, so we shared some of that. When we were going back there we were so struck by the true Miracle we should be continually praising God for! He did admit that he still has worries when he has headaches or something like that. But he is very excited to have his life and to be looking at his future! It as great to see those at Church responding to him with smiles and JOY!
Bless-bless, Barb
"I have called you friends, because I have told you everything I have heard from my Father. It is not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you. This I command you: love one another." John 15: 9-17
The Gospel for today... it has been repeated numerous times in the last week... we really need to hear and do these words! Living according to this plan will bring great Jubilant JOY to our lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment