The Pat and Barb Verly family and their 5 children, in laws and grandkids along with many prayer warriors have been drawn together by John's cancer... sharing daily for 8 months started this blog- Family Soul Story - Our faith, family, farm and now our cancer journey called HEALING have colored and deepened our world. WE continue to share and depend on the support of our prayer warrior community, that has lowered us into the Lord's presence for His healing!
Friday, June 4, 2010
4H photo shoot - for the photography project
It was crazy fun to scan this picture taken by Ruth for her 4H project back over 10 years ago... I was able to crop it and brighten it so that Nancy and the nameless spring kitten are so much more bright and more wonderful than the original! We headed out that day in "farm costumes" and I had a notion that if they were sitting on the fence post out by the barn... all that would be the backdrop would be the wonderful blue sky with big puffy clouds... add an adorable baby kitty and you have a grand champion photo. Yes, it did turn out that way for Ruth and I do believe that this went to the state fair and won a blue ribbon there also... maybe a purple. The photos we took that day are keepsakes to this day. WE had some with horses and cows and calves and sibllings too! And the idea of trying to look like you are in the clouds got into my head to the point that I even had some quilt batting on top of the pickup at one point and tried to make it look like they were truly up in the clouds... Yes, I know that there could be much better ways for me to spend my time and my imagination, but I like to call it my hobby - my family has started to call it my obsession! Each of my girls have left home with a scrapbook for each year they have been alive! Yes, John has that many as well, but he just hasn't left home yet... It is a bit of baggage they are saddled with, but there is not much of their lives that they cannot remember through pictures! I think that you have gotten the idea from my blog that I take way too many pictures, but I think you can see why I got so hooked... babies and baby animals are an addicting combination!
Yes, that was a day of all days for pictures... this great one too is cherished and special...something about the colors that day, but the subject matter was amazing also. It was obviously hard to hold myself back today, but I hope that you enjoy them as much as I do! It makes me want to go out and do a photo shoot real soon. Thank goodness for grandkids nearby that I have well trained. I do miss not having anyone in 4H for an excuse to do our summer "shoot" around the yard... My oldest grandson, Siimon, is just 4 years away from 4H and I think that photography will be one of his projects... I too have started entering at the fair - with all my photo taking it was the least I could do to justify it somewhat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment