A model of the Little Monastery to be built in the poor area of Kansas City, Kansas where the Community of the Lamb started their first community - founded in 2008 - the heart of our wonderful but very needy country - USA!
We are overjoyed to have the Little Sisters of the Lamb putting down roots on American soil as we have a daughter, Susan/Little Sister Hallel, who is the first American to join them... To have her here only 7 short hours away is a true answer to prayer! Not to mention the beauty and absolute power of the Holy Spirit... to have them and their example in the heart of our country... infusing it with TRUTH and LOVE! ( If any of you would like to know more about helping them to build this beginning of their ministy here in the US or to find out more about them... you can email me at barbverly@yahoo.com )A quote from one of their neighbors, Mario;
"I had the opportunity to meet the Community of the Lamb a short time after the blessing of their arrival in KC. I approached them offfering my help. Asking more questions about the little sisters, I learned something about them that made me think and confirmed what I already knew to be true. When they told me that they begged for their food, I saw that they were living proof that God and divine Providence are always with us, even if we don't possess any material things.
"With the construction of this little monastery, we will have this treasure of faith with us always and forever, so as to give the opportunity to all of us to feel this peace and love of God among us and to learn to trust in God even if we have nothing; because Providence will always provide for what is necessary."
Heart warming stories of those they have met on their missions...
A married woman in great trial told us she was praying: "If you want me to stay with my husband, Lord, give me a sign!" And today you knocked on my door..." Later the couple gave us a ride home... We pray together in our chapel. They left hand in hand.
In the street a man calls us: "Are you nuns? Can you pray for me? I might go to jail this afternoon." And there, on the sidewalk, we pray together: "Our Father who art in heaven..." grant our friend peace. ( ONe more powerful example in my life about praying then and there. No more will I just say that I will pray for someone....I will pray then and there!)
In a school, after the testimony of a little sister, a ten year old child came up to her: "While you were speaking, God touched my heart!"
Finally... At the doctor's office, a woman is moved to tears at seeing a little sister in the waiting room: "I knew that I would meet you. I needed to be comforted and here you are. God is with me." ( This to me is a prime example of why religious should wear "habits" that sets them apart and be a "sign" to those that they encounter in their lives that these are men and women of God!)
No comments:
Post a Comment